Search - A.T.C.B.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Let Us All Be Thankful For Life On Thanksgiving Day

Book 16











First of all...I would like to thank GOD and his son JESUS for allowing my family and I to have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving celebration with our bio-family and our extended family on my brother-in-law Lorenzo's side.  We arrived late at Lorenzo's sister Vera's new house she and her husband purchased back in July.  It was a very huge house.  One filled with love and happiness.  We were welcome immediately as we walked through the door just in time for all the festivities.  I wanted the grand tour of the house almost immediately when I walked through the door with my family.  Vera walked me around from room to room throughout her house.  I joined my family in the kitchen where there were an endless assortment and difference varies of food.  "Salads, cornbread dressing and giblet gravy, cranberry sauce, macaroni and cheese dish, ham, turkey, baked chicken, greens, Swedish meatballs, etc."  Anything your heart's content, including a ship load of dessert.  "Different assortment of cakes, pies, cobblers, and puddings."  I saw in my head my sugar levels peaking at their highest readings.  My twin sister Sherri looked around for a brief moment trying to decide what she wanted to eat.  Lorenzo brought us plates to serve ourselves anything we wanted.  We didn't waste anytime preparing our plates.  All I could hear while I prepare my son Zachary's plate, there were laughter throughout the house.  Memories were expressed from passed Thanksgiving festivities.  Everyone was having a wonderful time.  I was truly thankful for being surrounded with such love, laughter, and happiness.  Then in a brief moment...my heart and I was in thought for my dad on that Thanksgiving day.  Earlier that morning after my brother Wesley Jr. got off from work, he went straight to the hospital to see dad.  After he came home after his visit, he told our family that our dad was in a whole lot of pain and speaking out of head about certain things he couldn't understand.  "I knew this was one of his bad days!"  What I was most proud and relieved and most proud of was when Wesley Jr. told our family that dad did eat all of his pureed food without any problem taking it in.  My worries was that dad didn't want to take any of his medicines.  The nurses had a hard time trying to administering it to him by mouth.  The way Wesley Jr. described our dad demeanor, "He just wanted to be left alone to rest!"  At that brief moment...I started praying to GOD and his son JESUS for my dad.  I rejoined the Thanksgiving festivities and celebration with my family with dad in thought.   Hours passed.  With our stomachs full and our hearts content with love, laughter and happiness and sleep creeping up on all of us, my bio-family and I headed home as the Thanksgiving festivities came to an abrupt end.  Everyone headed their separate ways.  I was most thankful for my family, my life, health and strength.  Another Thanksgiving was coming to pass and I was most proud to have spent it with such a loving family.  It was a long time coming, especially what my bio-family and I been through for the past couple of months since dad illness.  GOD and his son JESUS ruled Thanksgiving Day.  "My pilots continues to comfort my life and the life of my bio-family."  No more worries!  It's in their hands.  "Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone worldwide."  Be blessed!


I'm asking for prayer worldwide for my bio-family and for my dad's health.  We welcome your prayers all day...everyday.   I'm very sorry this post is so short!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Is An Open Discussion