Search - A.T.C.B.

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Bringing Down The Barbecue

Book 123







Matthew 18:20 - 20. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

John 13:34 - 34. A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.




I find myself sitting alone in the living room writing this post to my advantage. I'm sitting here thinking about where my next great idea is going to come from, and when it will take place. I decided to give it a name that is unique to my knowledge. It's, "Bringing Down The Barbecue" it's a name that brings new meaning to a great time that my family and I had in celebration of my nephew Lorenzo, and my niece Octavia's 🎂 Birthday Celebration. My brother-in-law Lorenzo Sr. cooked the barbecue (chicken, hot dogs, hamburger and steaks) the rest of us, just partied hearty.

My twin sister Sherri and I did the rest of the cooking as usual. Homemade barbecue baked beans and macaroni and cheese was the main part of our barbecue menu. It gave more texture and more love when it came to bringing down the barbecue. My family and I enjoyed every single minute together eating...most of us drinking virgin drinks and the rest, well...you know! We would always talk about old times, good times and conversations that were new and present at that particularly brief moment that would bring out a laugh, or a frown of sadness.

But...our family's conversations were very polite and totally tasteful. That's how we liked communicating with one another. Most of the time I found myself dazing out of commission from my family's conversations in thought of my FATHER when I looked at his picture in the middle of all the excitement. I remembered how it was when he barbecued. Boy...I miss his awesome barbecue.

I guess when my family and I have these get togetherness, I think of my FATHER and what it could of been if he was here enjoying these timeless moments with us as family. Wow! It's just I miss my FATHER so much when my family and I barbecue. Given in the memories we continue to share with him is only a brief moment my family and I will continue to carry in time.

Afterwords...I bring myself back from my daze to the barbecue and family. I continued to have a wonderful time with my FATHER in thought. It's much easier on me now I can say, because it's a awesome memory I will continue share with my family and those who were guests there at the barbecue. We continued to party hearty into the late night. Enjoying time with family and having barbecues like the one we had does bring back awesome memories of a lifetime.

We never take anything for granted when it comes to honoring the memory of my FATHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Is An Open Discussion