Search - A.T.C.B.

Monday, November 9, 2020

Memories

 Book 177





 

Philippians 1: 3 – 5 – 3. I thank my GOD upon every remembrance of you. 4. Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy. 5. For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now. 



As I look outside my nieces apartment, I see a lot of rain pouring down fiercely without an end in sight. My joints ache from the coldness of the weather along with a touch of arthritis. I see myself not moving an inch out into this kind of weather due to my condition. I hear that it is a storm brewing out in the Gulf of Mexico. Its name is Eta. 

I better get set for the storm. I am going out later on today to buy some supplies just in case the storm hit again here in Florida. I know that the Florida Keys had been affected by the storm and I just want to prepare just in case it makes a direct turn and it hits Florida again. I am sitting here thinking while I am thinking of about the storm Eta; I thinking about my M O T H E R S grave and the flowers that are still intact. Maybe, I should go out and remove those flowers, so that they don't fly away just in case the storm hit Florida again. 

It is a lot to think about during this day; my M O T H E R S grave and her flowers affected by this "Greek" letter storm. I guess I find my M O T H E R grave accessories very important, because they were apart of her and her burial. I don't want them to fly about during a potential storm if it hits here in Florida again. It may sound odd to everyone who reads this post, but...my M O T H E R S earthly grave possessions mean everything to me, because...they were a part of her and her burial and I want to protect them in any way I can. 

I also find myself in deep thought of her, even with a dry face. No tears in sight! I can't help but miss her with every ounce of my heart. M O T H E R will be missed terribly, even throughout the upcoming holiday seasons. I truly believe Christmas will be the toughest on my family. I remember a time when my M O T H E R use to sit on the couch and watch Sherri and I cook up our Christmas dinner and her always sampling our cooking. My family and I will miss that with our Queen, my M O T H E R, because it will never be the same, ever.

The one thing I will always miss about my M O T H E R is that she would always have her Christmas shopping done way ahead of time before everyone else get their Christmas shopping started. She was very punctual about her time and the way she did things. I admired that from my M O T H E R! I will most definitely miss that about her majorly. Thanksgiving is coming up. There is a lot of things to do and prepare for and I know that it would be a holiday that I will cherish in memory of my M O T H E R S cornbread dressing that she use to make so good.

The cornbread would be just right according to my M O T H E R S hand in making the best dressing ever. She would always cut up the chicken gizzards very fine and with all the seasons she used they were just right to perfection. M O T H E R S giblet gravy; it was phenomenal! I don't think anyone can make an extraordinary gravy like my M O T H E R did. She would be also greatly missed during the Thanksgiving holiday along with her famous cornbread dressing and I forgot her fruit salad he use to make. 

Those sweet touches my M O T H E R she use to put towards what she made according to food; I don't think I will ever know how to make cornbread dressing just like her, or her fruit salad. She took that with her to her grave and I know I will never retrieve those great recipes ever again. I know that I will have to do my best to make a good cornbread dressing or a fruit salad. My M O T H E R S genious in her cooking will never faulter in my mind, because...they will always be my greatest memories of her. GOD and his son JESUS help me to cope with the fact that my M O T H E R S death and just cherish the memories I have of her, because...it is all I have of her in an instant. 

 from her ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Is An Open Discussion